One hundred years from now
It won't matter who you thought you were,
Who I thought you were,
How much money you had,
What kind of truck you drove,
How many cattle you had,
Or how many bulls you rode,
Nor who yer daddy was,
But it will matter if you knew Jesus.

~unknown

Sunday, May 8, 2011

Mother's Day

For those who mean the most to us are never really gone. For in our hearts and in our thoughts their memory lives on.


Mother's Day is always hard for me without my own Mama here with me, but I know she is watching over me. She was a great Mama and I hope I make her proud as I raise my own sweet little man.


I thought I would share pics from each Mother's Day I have celebrated with my sweet boy.


This is of my first Mother's Day with my boy, and the only one I got to celebrate being a Mama with along with my Mama. Landon was 4 months old, and then 8 months when we lost our Hunny.


This is from 2009. It is actually the weekend after Mothers Day. I couldn't find a pic from the actual day for some reason.


2010


Mother's Day 2011


Landon picked me some flowers from my flower bed and said "these are for you to make you so happy!"


Every year at Lawler Baptist Church they make a project for Mother's day. This is the one from this year. I love to see how his hand and foot print change so much each year. He is growing up too fast.

I love nothing more than being a Mama to my sweet boy {and a step-mama to Kylee} Landon makes everyday a great day.


Today I woke to eggs, bacon and biscuits for breakfast. Then, we went to church and then had lunch in Temple with Mimi at Dynasty Chinese food. I of course ate way too much and was miserably full. Then we went to the Temple Air Show {pics of that to come :)} After the air show we went home and Clint made a huge, yummy supper of steak tenderloin, baked potatoes, and spinach. It was so good, and of course once again I ate too much. I probably gained 10lbs today with all I ate today.




The sermon at church today was about "A Mother's Wages" (Exodus 2:1-10). How we do more than we could ever be compensated for. But that the wages we should be proud to earn are obedient children, morally pure children, children that are contributors to the kingdom of God, children that stand for what is right, and children that are born again in Christ.


Train up a child in the way he should go, and when he is old he will not depart from it.

Proverbs 22:6


I pray that I/we live our life so that it is the example it needs to be for our children. There is always work to be done on this, but I am trying to be a good example for Landon and Kylee when she is in my home.


Charm is deceitful and beauty is passing, but a woman who fears the Lord, she shall be praised. (Proverbs 31:30)



No comments: