One hundred years from now
It won't matter who you thought you were,
Who I thought you were,
How much money you had,
What kind of truck you drove,
How many cattle you had,
Or how many bulls you rode,
Nor who yer daddy was,
But it will matter if you knew Jesus.

~unknown

Thursday, July 8, 2010

Peach Cobbler in a Coffee Mug

I found this recipe in a Southern Living or Better Homes and Garden Magazine...I can't remember which. It's really good..it's easy, and you cook it in these...
Coffee Mugs, in the microwave

The Recipe:
1 tablespoon butter
2 tablespoon sugar
2 tablespoon flour
1 tablespoon instant nonfat dry milk
1/8 teaspoon baking powder
1/8 teaspoon cinnamon
dash salt
2 tablespoon water
1 snack-sized container (4 oz) diced peaches, well drained
Microwave butter in mug until melted, about 20 sec on high. Add sugar, flour, dry milk, baking powder, cinnamon, salt, and 2 tablespoons water to cup. Stir with fork until well blended, then add peaches to top of batter. Do not stir. Reduce microwave heat to 70%. Cook for two minutes, then let stand in microwave for one minute. Remove from oven, let stand until cool enough to eat.
{I think I cooked it a little longer than 2 minutes really, I just cooked it until they "looked done" and these pics were done before I cooked them a little longer, just tweek it a little til it works :)}

I cooked the bottom right one first, seperately and then did the other three together...I'm not sure why they looked different, but they tasted the same.


It's not my Daddy's (Pappo's) peach cobbler, but it will do for a quick fix!!





No comments: