One hundred years from now
It won't matter who you thought you were,
Who I thought you were,
How much money you had,
What kind of truck you drove,
How many cattle you had,
Or how many bulls you rode,
Nor who yer daddy was,
But it will matter if you knew Jesus.

~unknown

Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Raw Cookie Dough...The Recipe!!!!

I found this recipe a while back, and once again I can't remember where for sure, but it was onother blog I'm sure. I saved it, but never made it, but had the perfect opportunity to try it out last Friday. Clint, Landon, Kylee, and her little friend Kyndall that stayed the night went out to play on the slip-n-slide and the boys started a batch of homemade vanilla ice cream. We had planned on doing the ice cream so all day I debated whether I should try it out or not. I mean, it's not really something we need readily available in the fridge...sugar and butter....but boy is it good! I made it for us to chop up into our ice cream and it was YUMM-O!!
{By the way..the major point here is that its EGG FREE so it's "safer" for the kids..and adults... to eat "raw" :)} The ones that were left are in a baggie in the fridge and I randommly catch my little man sneaking into the fridge to get one! :)

Here is the recipe. Try it out. I was great in the ice cream, and its great by itself!

Recipe:
2 cups folour
1/2 teaspoon salt
3/4 cup unsalted butter, melted
1 cup packed brown sugar
1 tablespoon vanilla
4 tablespoons milk
mini chocolate chips, as many as you would like (I only had the regular chips and they worked fine, but the mini would be good for the smaller portions of it)

Mix all the ingredients together as is if you were making regular chocolate chip cookies, and then add the chocolate chips. {I scooped mine with a little teaspoon I have becaue my cookie scoop is too big for these really.}
I scooped them all up onto a cookie sheet to chill in the fridge for a while before putting them in a ziploc bag for storage.

I chopped them into smaller pieces to had to our Homemade Vanilla Ice Cream. It was so YUMMY!

The cookie dough sprinkled on top of a cup of ice cream

Landon LOVED it. He couldn't get enough..or so he thought. He kept wanting more.

Hey Bring that back Daddy!!





No comments: