One hundred years from now
It won't matter who you thought you were,
Who I thought you were,
How much money you had,
What kind of truck you drove,
How many cattle you had,
Or how many bulls you rode,
Nor who yer daddy was,
But it will matter if you knew Jesus.

~unknown

Monday, November 28, 2011

Our Bandy

We got Bandy when Landon had just turned one. He followed us home from our deer lease in Gatesville. He had come up from the woods and I thought he was a coyote. I kept running him off but I guess he thought he belonged with us. When I opened the gate to leave Clint and I both verified that the stray dog was out of the way. When we got home, the stray dog was on our trailer. He had ridden the whole way home on the flat bed trailer by the 4 wheeler tire. He wanted us and we ended up wanting him too. He was so sweet with Landon. He could pull him around by the legs, and could ride him like a bull. Bandy never got mad. Bandy had a few bad luck moments before, Mimi ran over him with the golf cart, Clint threw him off the truck on his was to pick Kylee up, but he was always tough and nothing ever phased him. He went everywhere with Landon and Clint. Never out of their site. Its been a great almost three years, but last week Bandy was taken from us. He had gone to the shop with Kylee and Kyndall to play and I assume got too close to the road and someone hit him. He never chased cars so I'm not sure what happened. Clint called me in a panic to come get them and I drove like 90mph to the vet, I had given them warning we were on our way. Bandy founght hard while Lanodn cried for him, but didn't make it, we lost him about a mile from the vets office. It was so terrible seeing my "baby" sit there with his dog and cry for his "buddy" asking me to help and not knowing if there were anything that could be done. It was so heart breaking. It was hard leaving that vet without our Bandy. I plan on going thru all the pics I have of our Buddy and putting them together for Landon as a keep sake for his first dog, is favorite dog, his buddy. There are many daily activities that remind us of Bandy.

Bandy always loved going to the creek to run and fish with the boys.
This weekend we got the opportunity to get a new family dog. Kristen and James had access to a black lab, with papers, thats trained on hunting birds. Hes 7 months old and a cutie. He's still a little scared of his new home, but Clint claims he and the kids are going to work with him and train him even more. He has been named Rango and we are getting used to the idea of a new dog, though hes not Bandy.
Clint also came across this little cutie through a friend of his. She's a "chaweenie" She is so cute, and sweet. Landon loves playing with her and is learning to be sweet to her. She hasnt been named yet, because we can not all agree on a name. Landon says Lucy, Kylee says Brownie. We've also said Reece, Jesse, Loretta, on and on, but no one has agreed yet. I am not a big fan of a dog in the house, but once again, Clint claims he and the kids will take care of everything. I, for some reason, think I know WAY Better than that but I guess we will see.
She is a cuddler and a kisser.
Im not sure how we lost one dog and got two as a replacement, but we have them and will see how it goes. Maybe this will be the finishing touch on my carpet and I can get new floors since it doesn't seem that I am going to get my big house and barn out in the country any time in the near future.

No comments: