One hundred years from now
It won't matter who you thought you were,
Who I thought you were,
How much money you had,
What kind of truck you drove,
How many cattle you had,
Or how many bulls you rode,
Nor who yer daddy was,
But it will matter if you knew Jesus.

~unknown

Saturday, March 12, 2011

A rough week for my boy

Wednesday night I made some chocolate chip cookies and Landon was excited to get one as soon as they were ready. Problem is, he was TOO excited and reached across the pan before I could even say a word, and burned his poor little arm. :( He immediately rubbed it and busted the blister on it and the skin peeled off. Ouch! He never cried though, he is so tough. He just sat down for a minute, and then said "Mama can I have a cookie now?" I have been putting Silvadene Cream on it and keeping it covered when he is out being the rough, tough dirty boy that he is. It looks bad to me, mostly because I am the Mommy, but I think it is getting better. I see a lot of nasty stuff at work, but burns always get to me for some reason.

Then Thursday night, his congestion and allergies got worse and he started wheezing like crazy. Being a respiratory therapist I HATE it when the docs always give nebs for cough and congestion because that is not what that medications treats. Its a bronchodilator, not a decongestant and cough suppressant, but he was wheezing really bad. Moms with stethoscopes are great huh!? Sometimes not....but he needed it so I broke out the nebulizer that he has used maybe three times since the doc prescribed it for him.

He laid in bed and took the treatment like a champ, as usual. And he sounded lots better after it. Now if only I had that much with every 3 year old I see in the E.R. I have been kicked and all kinds of stuff. :)


(sorry..iphone quality pics)

No comments: