After Pierson's birthday party Saturday, when I took Cora to take her pictures, Clint decided to take Landon to the Georgetown Rodeo. They had strict instructions when they left...NO MUTTON BUSTIN'!! I wasn't going, so I did NOT want him to do it. It would be his first time, and I MUST be there for pics, etc. Landon still took all his gear with him, totally convinced that he was gonna get a sheep to ride.
Well, they got there too late to get one for the rodeo, but they told him to wait around close because someone still owed fees, and one little girl was crying. He ended up not getting in the rodeo, even though the little girl didn't ride. But, Landon remained mad the rest of the evening, he wanted to ride a sheep BAD.
Clint ended up "sneeking" into the pens and catching one for Landon to get on. He held it still while Landon got his position on it, and grinned ear to ear. {since I wasnt there, this is Clint's description to me} He let the sheep loose, and it ran down the pen. Landon held on til Clint chased him down and got him off it. When he got off, he said he didn't like it and didnt want to do it anymore. {Im thinking GOOD, thats totally fine with me!} But he was already saying he does want to ride more and wantd to ride real bulls by the time they left to come home.
Landon has also out grown, and ruined all his straw hats bucking the various bulls he has at the house so while at the rodeo his Daddy bought him a new "church hat" There is to be NO bull riding it this hat, or either of his felts. I will see how long I can control this. He was very exicted to show me his new hat and tell me about his mutton bustin' experience.
And Clint told me I need not be mad at him for letting him ride because it wasn't DURING the rodeo, it was like having a practice ride. So I shouln't be mad about not being their to see it or take pics.m I guess there is nothing I can do about it, so I will just have to wait and see if he talks us into letting him do it again.
Here are some pics of him in his new hat when he got home. I just love this little cowboy!





No comments:
Post a Comment