One hundred years from now
It won't matter who you thought you were,
Who I thought you were,
How much money you had,
What kind of truck you drove,
How many cattle you had,
Or how many bulls you rode,
Nor who yer daddy was,
But it will matter if you knew Jesus.

~unknown

Wednesday, June 29, 2011

WilCo Quarry Splash Pad

Today Laura and I took the boys to play at a new splash pad. Its in an old rock quarry in the Southwestern Williamson County Regional Park. Its really neat! There are water falls, cannons, a rock slide, rock climbing wall, a sand pit, all kinds of FUN stuff! The boys had a blast! I really enjoyed it, other than it having no standing water to fully submerge it, its HOT and it feels good to get in a pool of water.

My only other complaint is there are no life guards, because of the lack of standing water I assume, and some people parents are TOTAL IDIOTS!! This place is solid ROCK and kids were running all over the place, unattended. For the first 20 minutes I was there I had to wander around looking for a mom of a little girl that was maybe 2 yrs old and LOST. Then onese I found her mom, she wouldn't let go of my hand and go to her own mother!? There were also BIG boys, (13 yo or so?) running like idiots and ran into and knocked my nephew over. And the slide was a little chaotic with kids pushing, shoving and cutting in line on the solid rock and concrete slide, HELLO!?? Some supervison and control of your kids would be nice, and appreciated. But, either way, cost was only $1, and it was fun, and close to home. Here are some pics of the boys from our day out today. {Notice Landon's HUGE hat, it keeps him shaded, so much you hardly see his face in any of the pics I got of him, and it keeps him EASY to locate amongst all the other kids :)}
















No comments: