One hundred years from now
It won't matter who you thought you were,
Who I thought you were,
How much money you had,
What kind of truck you drove,
How many cattle you had,
Or how many bulls you rode,
Nor who yer daddy was,
But it will matter if you knew Jesus.

~unknown

Friday, February 11, 2011

Belton TX PRCA Rodeo

Last night we went to the PRCA rodeo in Belton. Landon of course wanted to see the bulls, and the bulls only. He watched the whole rodeo but was only really excited when it was time for the bulls. They had the Budweiser Clydesdales there, and they did a little performance that was really cool. My favorite part though was at the begining when Landon stood and removed his hat and bowed his head for the prayer and national athem. It was oh so sweet.
Of course there were things for sale at the rodeo too and when Daddy went to the restroom unattended he came back with stuff. He bought Landon a bull rope {actually a mutton bustin' rope} and a glove. And on the way out to go home he got him true bull riding spurs of course. He has been wearing Kylee's old horse riding spurs. But every bull rider needs real bull riding spurs that are turned in with those big ol' rowels. He is so cute in all is bull riding gear but I keep telling him he can't ride bulls, but he always says "yes I can Mama, I won't get hurt!" I think I'm doomed!


So sweet, My little cowboy during the invocation and National Anthem.



The Clydesdales

He was so excited when Daddy came back with a bull rope and riding glove. He has already worn his vest and chaps to the rodeo so his "outfit" was complete now.

watching the bulls with Daddy

finally...bull riding spurs with spur straps that don't have Kylees blue and white rhinestones on them

trying out the rope on the spring bull


{pray I don't lose my sanity with this...I'm not really into the idea of my baby riding bulls, but I think between him and his Daddy I am doomed and I'm not going to get much of a say in the matter.}