One hundred years from now
It won't matter who you thought you were,
Who I thought you were,
How much money you had,
What kind of truck you drove,
How many cattle you had,
Or how many bulls you rode,
Nor who yer daddy was,
But it will matter if you knew Jesus.

~unknown

Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Capital Of Texas Zoo

After we took Landon to the doctor to try to find out why he has had fever the last three days (as high as 104.5 on Monday night) Clint decided it would be fun to go to the zoo since Landon wasn't acting like he felt bad, he just had fever. We decided on the Capital of Texas Zoo in Austin. This zoo was very interesting. They had wild and domestic animals. It was neat because you were up close and personal with the animals, but at the same time, it looked as though it needed some up-keep and maintnance. The cages were made of various types of wire and wood posts. There were lots of beautiful peacocks walking around with their feathers spread out. There was a lion, tiger, bears {(oh my! :)}, zebras, a llama, deer, various birds, ground hogs, a whole pen of guinea pigs, rabbits....all kinds of stuff. We walked thru taking pics and enjoying all the animals and then Landon took a nap on the way home. A perfect family outing. There are several other places I want to visit that are close to home, but we are wanting to wait until Kylee can come with us.







The best part of the trip was when the lion RoArEd LOUD at Clint for getting too close to his cage. It was hilarous. It roared and Clint jumped and when Clint tried it again the lion roared again, like you idiot! I warned you once already!


We still dont really know the source of Landons fever. The rapid swab for strep was negative and we are waiting on the culture today. He is acting ok, just a little more tired than normal and whiney at times when he is really tired. I'm glad hes a good sick kid, but it hurts my feelings that I can't do anything about it. We are only at about 100 today with the fever so maybe we are about over with it. I hope so!!!

No comments: