One hundred years from now
It won't matter who you thought you were,
Who I thought you were,
How much money you had,
What kind of truck you drove,
How many cattle you had,
Or how many bulls you rode,
Nor who yer daddy was,
But it will matter if you knew Jesus.

~unknown

Thursday, April 28, 2011

Growing Up Cowboy

I found the cutest book at work at the hospital gift shop! I gave it to Landon in his Easter basket this year. It is called Growing Up Cowboy. {artwork by Jack Sorenson and text by Hope Lyda.} The artwork is awesome. I have read the book a couple of times myself and Landon has sat and listened to a few of the "stories"....he is more in to the pics because he thinks they are of him and his Daddy. The book is so good and relates to me and my everyday adventures raising my little cowboy and how to raise him into a man.



A Growing Cowboy Is.....


Respectful

Polite

Honest

Courageous

Joyful

Generous

Hopeful

Adventurous

Compassionate

Helpful

Full Of Dreams

Hardworking

Patient

Grateful

Loyal

A Friend

Strong In Character


Each section has text about the topic and quotes, stories etc about them as well. Along with awesome illustrations. I just love it. It has some really good suggestions to helping you help your little boy grow up to be a great cowboy and MAN.



"A boy has two jobs. One is just being a boy. The other is growing up to be a man."

~Herbert Hoover

No comments: