Wednesday, April 27, 2011
Ugghh! I'm MISERABLE!
I went to work Monday morning and got report at 0630. I got up to use the restroom before going to the ICU for a busy day and it all went down hill from there. My back grabbed/spasmed or something. It caught me off guard, I got light headed, dizzy, and everything was echoing in my head. I made it to a chair in our breakroom, where I FAINTED, I was out for a pretty good bit, or thats what my co-worker said. Luckily my co-worker was still in there. She got me to a stretcher so that I could lay down. I layed there for a bit while the numbness in my face and hands went away. I kept thinking if I could get my feet to the floor I would be ok to work. There was only one problem, I could barely raise my left leg and couldn't raise my right one at all. They then decided to take me to the emergency room. (Im thinking great, Im wasting 12hrs of vacation time on this AND I have to pay $125 co-pay) Since I lost consciousness they had to do EVERY test known to man. I was in the ER from like 0900 to 300 pm. And of course all the tests for cardiac, blood sugar, etc were normal. The x-rays didn't show any noticable damage to bones. I just have this HUGE knot/spasm in my lower back and right hip that keeps me from bending and turning. It is Wednesday now and it still hurst to walk and there is still no bending and turning. I have to squat for everything I do. My poor Landon is having to dress me in the mornings because I can't get over to put my own shorts on. And getting out of bed is a show. Landon comse over to me, takes my hand and says "I'll help you, its ok, its ok, I have you" He is so sweet. Theyghave me pain pills and a muscle relaxer but I am avoiding taking them. One because I am pretty tolerant to pain and two, THEY KNOCK ME OUT!! Litterally, I can't hold my head up if I take a bendadryl, much less narcotic pain pills!! I have lots to do around the house, and can't to its driving me CRAZY!! Landon is helping put the laundry in and out of the washer and drier, but the folding hasn't gotten very far yet. The dishwasher was loaded by my Daddy last night, but I can't bend to unload it. Ugghhh! I may go crazy. I am going for a massage from a lady that does AWESOME work tomorrow at 630pm so maybe that will help me out a lot. She told me to soak in a bath of epsom salt and hot water, but I will have to wait til Clint gets home. I am pretty sure Landon couldn't get my lard butt out of the tub if I got in there and couldn't get out, which is very likely. So much for my "hard core working out" I had intended to start this week so that I could try to tone up and lose some chub for a beach trip this summer :( Wish me luck that this STOPS soon!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 comments:
OMG! How come I know nothing about this??? So they just say the knot will have to work itself out? Let me know if I can do anything for you! I will definately be praying for you!
Thank you Erika!! Yes, it pretty much just has to work itself out, thats why I am going for the massage. I want to speed it up if I can! Thanks for the prayers!!
Post a Comment