One hundred years from now
It won't matter who you thought you were,
Who I thought you were,
How much money you had,
What kind of truck you drove,
How many cattle you had,
Or how many bulls you rode,
Nor who yer daddy was,
But it will matter if you knew Jesus.

~unknown

Friday, September 2, 2011

Peanut Butter Granola

I found this recipe on online, they were called Homemade CLIF Bars. I've never had a CLIF bar, so I don't know if those are good. But, I made these, and they are YUMMY! I did not drizzle melted chocolate over the top like they did (mainly because I was lazy, because I really think it would be really good) and I didn't add dried fruit, one because I had none, and two, because I know of none that I think I would like. I don't like raisins! Maybe dried cherries would be good? And I thought about maybe next time adding mini chocolate chips into them instead of the chocolate drizzle. Either way, they are very tasty, I have already had my fair share today. :)
Recipe:
1 1/4 cup Rice Krispies
1 cup uncooked quick-cooking oats
3 tablespoons ground flax seed (or you can just substitute oats if you have none, which is what I did)
1/4 cup finely chopped dried fruit (raisins, apricots, cherries, cranberries...)
1/4 cup finely chopped nuts (almonds, walnuts, pecans, peanuts, cashews) {I used cashwes}
1/4 cup honey, maple syrup, or light molases {I used honey}
2 tablespoons brown sugar
1/3 cup nut butter {I used peanut butter)
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Combine rice krispies, oats, flax seed, fruit, and nuts in a large bowl. In a small saucpan bring the honey and brown sugar to a boil. Remove from heat and stir in the nut butter and vanilla.
Pour the nut mixture over the cereal mixture and stir until well mixed. Press into an 8 inch greased pan (makes 12 bars), or a greased mini muffin tin.
store in the refridgerator.

No comments: