One hundred years from now
It won't matter who you thought you were,
Who I thought you were,
How much money you had,
What kind of truck you drove,
How many cattle you had,
Or how many bulls you rode,
Nor who yer daddy was,
But it will matter if you knew Jesus.

~unknown

Monday, September 19, 2011

Preparing our Pumpkins

Back in August when it was TOO HOT to go out side, Landon and I made a trip to Michaels. I needed a new frame to replace one that had been broken. He spotted a bin full of those "fake" pumpkins, and had to have one. I decided it would be a fun little craft for us to do together, and it would make a nice addition to our Halloween deco this year.
I bought him some purple, orange, green and silver glitter paint to decorate it with. When we got home, he had to do it right then. I dressed him in one of his Daddy's t-shirts and let him go at it.

He really concentrated on each color and what he was doing. I love that he likes to do stuff like this with me. I will enjoy it while it lasts. :)

The finished product, but without the face. He and I agreed we would let Daddy help him paint the face on. They did it one afternoon while I was at work. They got a little overboard with the black marker. Daddy put a face on it, then Landon wanted a mustche on it. Then Landon put some more "decoration" on it. It almost covers up all the neat glitter paint, but it still looks great.

Its a little early yet, but Landon and I are thinking about putting out our Halloween Decor soon!
We have a lot of indoor decor, but would like to find some more to put outside for Halloween before all the fall/Thanksgiving stuff goes out. I LOVE fall. And I would love it even more if we could get some true fall weather here.

No comments: