One hundred years from now
It won't matter who you thought you were,
Who I thought you were,
How much money you had,
What kind of truck you drove,
How many cattle you had,
Or how many bulls you rode,
Nor who yer daddy was,
But it will matter if you knew Jesus.

~unknown

Thursday, June 3, 2010

Another "Fast Food" Made At Home

I made another Fast Food Favorite at home tonight and it turned out pretty good. I made Taco Bell Mexican Pizzas. Kylee said they were "so good she couldn't stop eating them." She did eat good, but not as much as she was making it sound like she ate. :)
The Ingredients:
Tortillas
Refried Beans
Hamburger Meat
{prepared as taco meat with just a store bought packet}
enchilada sauce
grated cheese.

Spread the refried beans on the tortillas. I warmed them in the microwave a little with some seasoned salt in them.

Put the prepared taco meat on top of the beans.

Drizzle with the enchilada sauce. I had the old el paso enchilada sauce at home. I'm going to look for some regular Taco Bell sauce though. I would think that would be even better.


Add lots of grated cheese. Bake them at 375 til the cheese starts to melt.

Place another tortilla on top and press it down a little bit.

Spread some more of the enchilada sauce on top

and add more grated cheese.

Bake some more until the cheese on top is melted. I also broiled it for a short while at about 400 in attempt to crisp it up some, but watch them close, they will burn fast under the broiler. They did get a little crispy around the edges but not as crunchy as the ones at Taco Bell.

Sliced and Served...Yum Yum!! They turned out well. They could maybe use a little tweaking, but they were good for a first try. Give them a try, they are quick and easy. Notice a theme around our house....quick, easy, and yummy! :)
Now I need to work on adding some more veggies in on my meat and potato guys!!!

No comments: