One hundred years from now
It won't matter who you thought you were,
Who I thought you were,
How much money you had,
What kind of truck you drove,
How many cattle you had,
Or how many bulls you rode,
Nor who yer daddy was,
But it will matter if you knew Jesus.

~unknown

Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Homemade KFC Bowls

Tonight I made Homemade KFC Bowls
{ Or what I like to call "HKD" Bowls...goofy huh!?:) }
We like KFC bowls, but don't like to eat out a lot, so a while back I decided to start making them myself. I thought this may be something good to share.
These are super easy, super fast, and pretty darn good too!!

The Ingredients: Popcorn Chicken, Instant Mashed Potatoes, Corn, Chicken Gravy, and Grated Cheese.
I cooked the popcorn chicken according to the package. I did mine in the oven, but it can be done even quicker in the microwave.
I made the instant taters according to the box.
I microwaved the corn.
Made the gravy according to the packages, and I added a can of cream of chicken soup and some more water to make it go a little further.
Layer all the cooked ingredients into a bowl.
First the taters


Then the popcorn chicken

Then the corm

Cover it all with lots of chicken gravy


And last but not least, lots of cheese.


This was Landons bowl

And Landon acting goofy, waiting for his "HKD" bowl.
Try these sometime....they are really good! :0)








1 comment:

Bar 7 Ranch said...

BTW>>>I LOVE KFC Bowls!! I work a few blocks away from a KFC and still havent gotten there!