One hundred years from now
It won't matter who you thought you were,
Who I thought you were,
How much money you had,
What kind of truck you drove,
How many cattle you had,
Or how many bulls you rode,
Nor who yer daddy was,
But it will matter if you knew Jesus.

~unknown

Wednesday, August 11, 2010

2 Meals, and A Muffin in a Mug

I have a recipe for chicken tortilla soup that we eat a lot in the winter. Lately I have altered it a few times to make different things with it. The first time I made it into a goulosh. This time I made it as a topping for rice and chicken breasts. It was really good. I made rice, that I boiled in water that had some ranch seasoning in it (from another recipe) and then served chicken with this topping on top. I called it "Fiesta Chicken"


I don't really have a recipe, but this is the jist of it....


cook boneless skinless chicken breasts in a skillet with some olive oil. I used the tenders because thats what I had and seasoned them with some seasoned salt.


I cooked the rice according to the package, except added a few tsp of Ranch seasoning powder to the water. It adds a good hint of flavor.


the "fiesta" part is a can of black beans, rinsed and drained, a can of Ro-Tel and a can of corn, partially drained. I seasoned this with some seasoned salt, some paprika, and some chili powder. (the soup reciped uses taco seasoning, but I didn't have that available..would have been yummy with it too thoguh) I may should have left the juice on the corn because Clint said he would have like the topping to be "jucier"...he's a gravy guy so....but any way...here is what it looked like...and it tasted good. Kinda spicy because the generic ro-tel always seems to be hotter, but other than that, very good.



My "Fiesta Chicken" Creation

This next recipe came from a coworker of mine. {a vegetarian if you can believe that :)} It was really good and really easy too. I made it one night why Kylee was here, and she said it was "So good, Better than Whataburger!" Goofy Child! She called it "Fancy Food"



Recipe for Creamy Ranch Pork Chops and Rice

1 tablespoon vegetable oil
4 boneless pork chops, 3/4 inch think, about a pound
1 can cream of mushroom soup
3/4 cup milk
1 pkg Ranch salad dressing mix
paprika

Heat the oil in a skillet over medium high heat. Add the pork chops and cook until well browned on boths sides.

Stir the soup, milk, and 1/2 pkg of Ranch mix in the skillet and heat to a boil. Reduce the heat to low. Cover and cook for 10 minutes or until pork is cooked through. sprinkle with paprika.

Serve with the Ranch Style Rice

Recipe for Ranch Style Rice

Heat 2 1/4 cups water and the remaining ranch salad dressing mix in a 3 qt saucepan over medium high heat to a boil. Stir in 1 cup uncooked regular long grain white rich and cook according to package directions. Serve with the pork chops.


The last recipe is a BlueBerry Muffin in A Mug. I found this recipe in an HEB magazine. These are good, but I didn't get totally exicted about them, they weren't really quite sweet enough for me. But, I love blueberyy muffins, and they weill do in a rush, and the best part is the oven doesnt have to be turned on! They are made in the microwave, so the whole house doesn't have to get hot from turning the oven on.

The Recipe

Non-Stick Cooking Spray
1/4 cup brown sugar
1 egg, beaten
1/3 cup light vanilla yogurt
1 tablespoon light olive oil
1 cup all purpose baking mix
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 cup frozen blueberries, thawed (I used frest)

Spray 3 microwave safe coffee mugs with non stick cooking spray and set aside.

Combine brown sugar, beaten egg, yogurt, and olive oil in a mixing bowl and stir until blended. Add all purpose baking mix and cinnamon and stir quickly to moisten (batter will be lumpy) Gently stir in blueberries.

Fill each preparted coffee mug with 1/2 cup batter. Microwave each mug for 90 seconds or until a toothpick insterted in the center comes out clean.



Microwave BlueBerry Muffin in a Mug



[keep checking back, I have LOTS of catching up to do on blogging, if I can remember everything :)]

1 comment:

Bar 7 Ranch said...

all I can say is YYYYYUUUUUUMMMMMMM!!!!!!