One hundred years from now
It won't matter who you thought you were,
Who I thought you were,
How much money you had,
What kind of truck you drove,
How many cattle you had,
Or how many bulls you rode,
Nor who yer daddy was,
But it will matter if you knew Jesus.

~unknown

Friday, August 20, 2010

Spray Painted Shirts

I'm home alone tonight and missing my boys. They went to Ft. Worth to get a new welding bed for Clint's "new" work truck. (Fri 8.20.10). I did a little house cleaning and then decided to break out with some crafts since I don't ever have a lot of time for it.


This was my first attempt at spray painting t-shirts. I made the stencils with my cricut and have lots of ideas in my head of what I would like to put on shirts. I started with making one for Cora and one for Kylee.


I need some practice at my "control" of the paint, and some work with getting my stencils to stick to my garmet. I couldn't find the stencil glue I have always heard about and the goofy lady at Michaels acted like she had never heard of it!?? And my hot pink paint was "hotter" than I anticipated, and the silver wasn't visible at all, it just made it kind of glittery.


Any way...they didn't turn out too bad for a first try.



I put crosses down the left side of Cora's t-shirt



a close up of Cora's


I put Country Girl on Kylee's shirt


a close up of Kylee's t-shirt



{any one know what stencil adhesive I'm talking about, or where to get it??}




2 comments:

Bar 7 Ranch said...

Cute shirts!!! We need to have a crafty slumber party for adults (like Kylees bday party!)!!

The Deason's said...

It would be a blast!! when shall we do it!?? :)