One hundred years from now
It won't matter who you thought you were,
Who I thought you were,
How much money you had,
What kind of truck you drove,
How many cattle you had,
Or how many bulls you rode,
Nor who yer daddy was,
But it will matter if you knew Jesus.

~unknown

Monday, August 30, 2010

A Homemade Wedding Gift

A friend of ours is getting married this weekend. I have procrastinated sending back the RSVP because I wasn't sure I would get the weekend off, and therefore I haven't looked at the gift registry either. I had NO idea what to get them. I don't have a lot of spare $ SO, I decided I would MAKE a gift with stuff I had here at the house! First, I had my Daddy cut a 2x4 that he had lying around at his house into the pieces I wanted and then I got started. I hand stamped some khaki paper with western stars, and paisley in copper and saddle brown, and then cut the paper to fit each block and modpodged it to the blocks....with a makeup sponge because I didn't have a paint brush or sponge brush. I set the blocks out side to dry in the hot sun while I cut all the lettering out in vinyl with my cricut, the stuck them to the blocks. Then, I sanded all the edges with some sand paper....once I found some in our highly organized garage!! After the edges were sanded smooth, I took a makeup sponge once again and wiped chocolate brown ink from one of my stamping ink pads around the edges to "stain" them. I think it turned out very nice. And I also think I'm gonna have to make me one with our anniversary date on it. I'm kinda proud of myself! :)

The Gift






2 comments: