Two years ago today, I experienced the worst day of my life. We lost our Mama/Hunny unexpectedly three days after what should have been a routine day surgery. Not a day goes by that I don't think about her. The memories of her are beautiful, but those of the loss are horrifying and haunt me daily....(and to add to it, I started my shift at work today at 0645 with a death...lovely, nothing like a "great" start to an already terrible day.)
I saw this in the paper the other day and thought it was fitting.
They say there is a reason
They say that time will heal
But neither time nor reason
Will change the way we feel
For no one knows the heartache
That lies behind our smiles
No one know how many times
We have broken down and cried
We want you to know something
So there won't be any doubt
You're so wonderful to think of
But so hard to be without
We cannot bring the old days back,
When we were all together
The family chain is broken now,
But memories live forever
Monday, September 27, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment