One hundred years from now
It won't matter who you thought you were,
Who I thought you were,
How much money you had,
What kind of truck you drove,
How many cattle you had,
Or how many bulls you rode,
Nor who yer daddy was,
But it will matter if you knew Jesus.

~unknown

Monday, September 13, 2010

Walk Across Texas-Day 1

I joined Heathers team for Walk Across Texas. It's a program to help get Texans more active. There are 8 people on our team and each person on the team has to walk/jog at least 13 miles a week for 8 weeks. This will add up to the number of miles it takes to "Walk Across Texas". Today was day 1. I got up this morning and did 3.5 miles on the treadmill. I joined her team so I would be encouraged to exercise. I don't want our team to not make the miles because of me! I am a MAJOR excuse maker!! I always have something else I "need" to do. I will have to do extra on the days I'm off in order to get my 13 miles in for the week becasue I hardly ever exercise the days I work. It's part of my excuses...up at 445 at home at 800, I believe there is no time after supper and baths, etc. :) Anyway...I had a good start this morning, and hope that I can keep it up. I need enouragement!! And Heather will give it to me! She will not lose!! She's a coach's wife!! COMPETITIVE!! And hopefully after 8 consecutive weeks, I will be motivated to keep it up. I always slack off for some reason, but maybe not this time. I have a few pounds I want to lose, and hope this will get that going! Wish me luck!! :)

2 comments:

Bar 7 Ranch said...

Good Luck! I love WAT. It helps motivate me! I am trying to do better starting today also. I will try to check on you too! And you better check on me! LOL.

The Deason's said...

I will check on you!! We can motivate each other. I need enouragement sometimes! :0) I guess having to call my mileage in every Sunday to the team leader..Heather...will be the start of the enouragement!