Well, today starts day 5 here at DCMC. I totally do not know how families that have chronically ill children do this. This is terrible. Talking your baby into letting people poke and "torture" them all day. (and I know both sides of this, the health care giver and parent side so its even worse. I hate to be upset for people doing some of the same things i do to other peoples kids, but this is MY kid.)
Saturday night started a down hill slide after a traumatic IV incident and then Sunday was terrible all day long. Landon was almost scaring me. He could't turn head. He wouldn't open his eyes to look at us. He moaned and cried all day. We finally agreed that it was time for another ct scan. He actually tolerated that pretty good because he likes all the glowing stars and huge character stickers on the wall. After that, we (us and ENT doctor/surgeon) decided it was time to operate. We went to the preop area at 6 or so with intent of having surgery at 630. We were being sent back to our room because of a trauma in the ER that was delaying us, then got stopped on the way and told we were going to go ahead and start soon. The surgery ended up not being complete til like 11 because some radiology equipment they were using failed, and they had to get another one. Lovely.
Landon slept all night after surgery on Sunday, for like 10 hours in the same spot. He woke, took a bath, ate a part of a pancake, and had some chocolate milk. He had a pretty good day. We went outside and played and he seems like he is feeling better. He still can't move his head all the way from side to side but it seems to be improving.
We have our IV from surgery still, but it is starting to not look so great, and they want to continue the IV antibiotics for a while before changing them to oral. I hope this one lasts, its not fun starting a new one, but its not looking too promising. :( The doctor told us this morning that the average stay for this is 11 days! Lets hope we are below average in this area. I dont know how much more of this any of us can take. We have lots of family and friends visiting us and praying for a speedy recovery, so that helps.
I have a few more pics on my phone that I could post, but I am too lazy and/or worn out to upload them. A few are pretty pathetic looking any way. :(
We have antibiotic due soon so wish us luck with this iv. Daddy left to go get more clothes so that he would miss the "fun" on purpose so wish me luck with keeping him calm and happy. He is quite strong so I dont usually win.


No comments:
Post a Comment