I have taken Landon to have his picture taken with Santa every year since he was born. I am mean, I know. Its torture, but I like to have them. The picture above is from 2008. He was 11 months old and MAD! We had to wait like an hour and a half for Santa to return from his lunch break when we went so we were tired and mad when it came our time. Never mind the fact that his Mama was sitting him on the lap of a big hairy man he didn't know.
2009, I took him to have his pictures done with Santa at a picture studio. It started out slow, he didn't want to get close to Santa at all. He finally warmed up to him after he got some cookies from him. We ended up with several really cute pictures this year.
2010, We went to Marble Falls and Johnson City to the Hill Country In Lights display. Santa was at the court house in Johnson City so we we decided to do the picture there. Landon wouldn't sit on his lap, or get close if Daddy and I didn't do it with him, so we all posed with Santa this year.
2011, This year I took Landon to the mall again like we did his first year. We got in line the first time and Landon told me, "I'm not too sure about this Mama" I told him there was no need to be scared. He got close, talked to Santa about his belt buckle, told him we wants "everything" , but would NOT sit on his lap. We left, and went and talked for a while (and maybe added a littler bribery to the mix) and he decided he would take his picture with Santa. We got in line again, and watched every kid in front of us scream and cry. (see I'm not the only mean Mama) and he walked on up and sat on Santa's lap. He agreed to the picture, but did not however agree to smile, so this is the best we got. Kind of looks scared to death, but he still looks handsome as ever. And I got raped buying just buing 2 5x7 copies and a cd with one pose on it, but the memories of my sweet little boy and his fear of Santa pics are priceless. :) And I bought the cd, so I can do some editing of my own. :)


No comments:
Post a Comment