Cheesy Bread Rolls:

Tonight for our anniversary dinner I made chicken carbonara pasta and cheesy bread rolls. It turned out really yummy. I found the recipe on a blog that I found searching around. The recipe was just for carbonara pasta, but just like last night, I added my own touch. Clint said he had never even hard of carbonara pasta, but he really liked it. (btw...he must of really liked last nights mexican casserole "type thing" too because I ate what I had served on that plate in the pic, and the little bit that I served Landon that he didnt eat and when Clint came home from work the ate the REST OF IT....that's right every bit of it was gone.) So both of these "new things" are keepers so we can quit having the same old stuff for supper.
Here is the recipe for the carbonara pasta.
The only thing different I did was just cut two boneless, skinless chicken breasts up in chunks, seasoned it with a little seasoned salt, and stir fried it in a little olive oil in a skillet, then added it to it.
Ingredients:
12 oz spaghetti
12 oz bacon, diced
1 medium onion, diced
5 egg yolks
1 cup heavy cream
1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
black pepper to taste
Cook the spaghetti to al dente, in a large pot of boiling, salted water.
Meanwhile, fry the bacon and onion over medium-low heat in a large, straight-edge skillet until the bacon is chewy and the onion softened. Turn the heat OFF.
In a medium bowl, whisk together the egg yolks, cream and grated cheese, and black pepper to taste.
When the spaghetti is ready, drain and toss into the skillet with the bacon and onion.
Quicly pour the egg mixture over the spagetti and toss to well combine. The residual heat from the bacon, onions and spaghetti will be enoguh to cook the eggs and make a creamy sauce. {Make sure you have the heat OFF. Direct heat will make scrambled eggs in your pasta dinner.}
This was super easy and quick and tasted very yummy.
The cheese bread rolls were made simply by rolling out a can of Italian Bread Dough and cutting it into squares, I think I made 16 with it. I filled the center of each with a little bit of Italian Blend Grated Cheese and then folded over and pinched the four corners closed. I placed them all seam side down on a baking sheet and brushed with melted butter and sprinkled with garlic salt. I just baked them at 350 according to the bread can unitl they were golden brown...VERY YUMMY as well!!



No comments:
Post a Comment