One hundred years from now
It won't matter who you thought you were,
Who I thought you were,
How much money you had,
What kind of truck you drove,
How many cattle you had,
Or how many bulls you rode,
Nor who yer daddy was,
But it will matter if you knew Jesus.

~unknown

Wednesday, May 19, 2010

What's For Supper?

This is what's for supper tonight!


Served up. It doesn't necessarily look pretty, but it tasted pretty darn good for as quick and easy as it was!! I liked it a lot!


Like everyone else, I have been tired of the same old stuff for supper every night. I decided I would do some looking around and try to come up with a few new things to try out. I haven't had much time to search, but I have found a few quick, easy suppers. I think I'm gonna try another one for our 4th Anniversary Dinner tomorrow. {If I have time, I have to go to a class at work tomorrow, and then Im gonna go get a pedicure :)}


Tonight we had a Mexican Casserole "type thing" I was following the recipe, with the help of my sweet little man that loves to help me cook so much, and I forgot to put the cup of milk it called for in. Oooops!! But, I don't think it affected it any becasue it called for 1/4 cup of Velveeta, and I don't know how much that is, so I just put in a chunk because you can never have too much cheese. So I think the extra cheese took place of the forgotten milk :) It also said to use tortilla chips on the bottom of the dish and then put the meat mixture in and top with more tortilla chips. I changed it up a little and put flour tortillas on the bottom, some meat mixture, and then alternated it three times, and then put crumbled tortilla chips on top.

Here is the recipe as I found it, but you can follow my little variations too. :)
1 lb ground beef
1/2 yellow onion, chopped
1 tsp cumin
salt and pepper
1/2 tsp chili powder
1 can Ranch Style Beans
1 Can Ro-Tel Original Diced Tomatoes
1 Can Cream Of Mushroom Soup
1 cup milk
1/4 cup Velveeta Cheese
1/2 bag Tostitos Restaurant Style Chips

Brown beef and onion in skillet. Drain. Add cumin, salt, pepper and chili powder.
Combine beans, tomatoes, soup, milk and cheese in a large saucepan. Cook and stir until cheese is melted. Add to beef mixture.

Place a layer of tortilla chips in bottom of a baking dish. Top with beef mixture and remaining tortilla chips.

Bake at 350* until hot. Serve with tortilla chips and sour cream. (I would add some alvacado to the side too if I had some!!)

No comments: